Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tut - Vampire Dairies

TM_VampireDairies_DMD

Vampire Dairies


This tutorial is my own creation and based on my own ideas. Any and all similarities with any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

Please do not upload to or offer this tutorial on any other site without asking me first. Thank you.


Material you will need:

PaintshopPro – I’m using PSP X2, but you should be able to follow the tutorial in any version.

A scrap kit – I used the gorgeous kit Vampire Dairies by Touch Me aka Scrapmania, which you can purchase here.

A font of your choice.

A tube of your choice.

1 mask –I used WSL 289, created by Weescotslass, which is included in the material. Check out her blog here for further masks.

No filters required.

You can get the material here.


Now, let’s get started. It might be helpful if you choose the elements you wish to use beforehand, and open them up in PSP prior to starting the tutorial. That way, you have them handy when following each step.

Also, you don’t have to slavishly follow each positioning nor setting – play and experiment a bit, especially if you use different elements.

If you are unsure how to position an element, refer back to my sample tag.

I do assume you have at least some to moderate experience and understanding of PSP.

The DropShadow throughout the tutorial remains the same: V/H 0/3 O/B 39/6.60.

Resizing throughout the tutorial is done with “Resize all Layers” NOT checked.


Open a new image, 600x600.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(7), copy&paste, Resize 50%, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(14), copy&paste, Resize 45%, move underneath book, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(39), copy&paste, Resize 30%, Free Rotate – Left – 23 degrees, place on top of the book, to the left side, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(29) copy&paste, Resize 25%, move underneath paper, to the bottom right, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(33), copy&paste, Resize 15%, Free Rotate – Left – 23 degrees, on top of the paper (optional: Apply Dropshadow).

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(57), copy&paste, Resize 20%, position on top, and to the upper right.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Paper_(5), copy&paste, Resize 20%, move underneath rose frame.

With your Magic Wand, click inside rose frame, Selections – Expand by 2, Invert, on paper layer, hit “delete”, Select none.

Open your tube, copy&paste, Resize to liking and position in frame.

Optional: erase part of the tube to make it look like it’s partially coming out of the frame; I applied a Dropshadow to the tube before merging only frame and paper and applying a Dropshadow to the merged frame afterwards.

Merge frame, tube and paper, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(3), copy&paste, Resize 33%, Free Rotate – Right – 17 degrees, position underneath frame layer, a bit to the bottom and right, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(9), copy&paste, Resize 15%, move on top of the paper, a bit above the writing (optional: apply Dropshadow).

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(17), copy&paste, Resize 32%, Free Rotate – Right – 5 degrees, move on top of frame, place to the left side, Apply Dropshadow.

Optional: I erased parts of the ribbon so it looks like it’s going underneath he pen.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(19), copy&paste, Resize 15%, move towards the top part of the ribbon, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(49), copy&paste, Resize 22%, move undernath felt flower, a bit to the left, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Elmnts_(32), copy&paste, Resize 17%, move towards the bottom left, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Paper_(16), copy.

New layer, Arrange – Send to Bottom, Select all, Paste into Selection, Select none, Resize paper 45%, Free Rotate – Left – 5 degrees, move slight to the right side, Apply Dropshadow.

Open Touch_me_Vampire_Dairies_Paper_(3), copy.

New layer, underneath previous paper layer, on new layer, Selections – Select all – Paste into selection.

Layers – Load/Save Mask – Load Mask – MaskWSL_289.

Fit to layer, show all masks, source luminance checked; invert transparency NOT checked.

Merge group.

Optional: resize mask or use your Deformation Tool, if necessary, to tweek your mask layers to your liking and/or lower the opacity.

Now, the next step is to add any further text, copyright information and your watermark to the graphic.

Feel free to merge all layers visible and then resize to your liking or crop the image.

If you prefer a transparent background, save your tag in PNG format.

Otherwise, if you select the JPG, it will automatically add a white background.

Should you care for a different colored background:

New layer, arrange, send to bottom, and floodfill with your color of choice.


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!


XOXOXO,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment